Another quick tip is to start using hotkeys and memorizing all of them.

Here is a small list of some example shortcuts that I use all the time:
- F9: Quick Render
- F10: Render Dialogue
- Ctrl+C: Create new Camera (from current perspective)
- F12: Positioning Dialogue

Hotkeys are a godsend to me, and I always use them when I'm working. It saves me a little time here and there and end up giving me more free-time in the end. I would definitely recommend that you look at the hotkey map and get to know which keys do what, it will more than likely make your experience with max a better one.Another great feature that 3dsmax has in the XRef importing feature, which lets you import objects from other Max scenes and places them into your new one (and no, it doesn't affect the other scene at all). You can import ANYTHING from another scene (geometric data, lights, helper objects, etc.) with XRef. I use this option whenever I'm working on large scenes so that I don't have to model an object in the scene itself. (And yes, XRef does import the materials from objects so there's no need to retexture them).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2010 Lets Do Blogging